Merchant Navy 2018
Merchant Navy 2018
- Getting paid to travel all over the world.
- Cadets get paid to trained.
- Most companies provide long paid holidays.
- Medical insurance for officers & their family.
- Most companies provide facilities to take families after a certain rank.
- Tax free income in foreign ships.
- Independence and responsibility at a young age.
- Quick promotions.
- No expenses whilst on board (High class accommodation and cuisine)
- Adventure - No two days on the ship are the same.
- Future opportunities to pursue a career ashore.
If you want to have adventure in your job then Merchant navy is one of the best career.
4.How is Merchant Navy better than any other career option?
After 12th if you want a job by which you can earn handsome money then at lest you have to spend 3 years but in Merchant navy if you will spend 1 year then you will start earning after 1 year as your onboard training will start with your stipend. You will become independent in very young age. In shipping sector there is a huge demand of man power by which promotional opportunity is very high. In just at the age of 21 you will start earning in Lakhs which might be very tough in other sector.
5.Who is the governing body of Merchant Navy?
Directorate General of Shipping is the governing body of Merchant Navy who deals with implementation of shipping policy and legislation so as to ensure the safety of life and ships at sea, prevention of marine pollution, promotion of maritime education and training in co-ordination with the International Maritime Organization, regulation of employment and welfare of seamen, development of coastal shipping, augmentation of shipping tonnage, examination and certification of Merchant Navy Officers, Supervision and Control of the allied offices under its administrative jurisdiction.
6.What is CDC (Continuous Discharge Certificate)?
C.D.C means a Continuous Discharge Certificate-cum-Seafarer's Identity Document. This document certifies that the person holding this is a seaman as per The International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watch keeping for Seafarers (STCW), 1978, as amended 1995. Every seafarer must carry this document while on board, which is also an official and legal record of his sea experience.
7.Why pre sea training is required?
Pre sea training is essential for obtaining CDC. According to the D.G. Shipping rules, the eligibility conditions for applicant seaman other than Certificated Officers -
- An applicant for issue of CDC as Deck, Engine and Catering (Saloon) Trainee shall have successfully completed the pre-sea training for ratings from an approved training institute as prescribed under sub-clause (b) of clause (ii) of sub-rule (2) of rule 28 of the Merchant Shipping (Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarer's) Rules, 1998.
- An applicant for issue of CDC shall have undergone the basic familiarization training and instructions as prescribed under sub-rule (1) of rule 33 of the Merchant Shipping (Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarer's) Rules, 1998.
- In case of issue of CDC on compassionate grounds, the Director General of shipping may relax any or all of the provisions of this rule except sub-rules (5) and (6) of this rule in respect of all categories.
Merchant Navy is a great career option after 12th, it is perfect for those who love travelling, adventure, interested in seeing new places and meeting new people. In this profession you will travel around the world and that too free of cost. Merchant Navy can be described as commercial fleet of non-combatant ships which deals with transportation of passengers, cargo and lots of other things by sea that may not possible to dispatch either by road, rail and air, between all the countries. Merchant Navy fleet may include Passenger ships, Tanker ships, cargo ships, bulk carriers, refrigerator ships, container ships, barge carrying ships including roll on/roll off ships. With growing economic and fastest developing country India have a largest merchant shipping fleets and have a variety of jobs in Indian as well as foreign vessels.
- Eligibility for Merchant Navy; Merchant Navy can be joined after 10th as seafarer after qualifying pre sea courses or after 12th as an officer through various degree or diploma courses in mainly two specialized fields, Nautical (Deck) and Marine engineering. Unmarried Female and Male candidate are eligible .
- Courses to Join Merchant Navy ; There are various courses to join after 10th or 12th in both private and govt training institute recognized and approved by Director General of Shipping, Ministry of Shipping. Theses are ;-
- Merchant Navy entrance exam ; The All India Merchant Navy Entrance Test (AIMNET) is conducted by Bharat Shipping Limited usually in the month of November-December every year for following courses;
To Know More About Merchant Navy
Order This Unique Book For Complete & Relevant Information.
THE FIRST STEP IN THE MARITIME INDUSTRY
COSMIC EDU CONSULTANTS
CALL US : 0 98 35 49 58 64
IMU CET 2017 | IMU CET 2017 Application form | IMU CET 2017 Eligibility | IMU CET 2017 Exam Dates and I MU CET 2017 Admission | IMU CET 2016 BOOKS | IMU CET 2016 SAMPLE PAPERS | DIPLOMA IN NAUTICAL SCIENCE-DNS | B.Sc NAUTICAL SCIENCE | B.Sc MARITIME SCIENCE | B.Sc SHIP BUILDING AND REPAIR | B.Tech MARINE ENGINEERING | B.Tech NAVAL ARCHITECTURE & OCEAN ENGINEERING - BACHELOR of TECHNOLOGY | MBA IN PORT & SHIPPING MANAGEMENT (Approved by Govt of India) | MBA in International Transportation & Logistics Management (Approved by Govt of India) | Graduate Marine Engineer - GME | ELECTRICAL TRAINEE OFFICER – ETO | PG Diploma in Marine Engineering | Master of Technology Dredging & Harbour Engineering | LLM (Maritime Law)